Monday 18 May 2020

Finnish language - is English common in Turku?

How common is the English language in Turku?

Honestly coming to Finland i assumed not much English would be spoken! I was pretty wrong, a lot of Finn's speak very good English and some sort of English, this made my stay a lot easier! 

During my placement here in Turku I was placed in a community centre (mostly migrants - none Finns), most of the customers here were learning to speak English and with that, I was excited to help! 

Apparently English is a very hard language to learn, so I helped as much as I possibly could to make it easier for the customers, we came up with English word games, discussions and much more!

Like any other country you are visiting, you MUST be patient and remember this is not an English speaking country. 

No comments:

Post a Comment